Modalert tablet is used to promote wakefulness in patients with extreme sleepiness during daytime or sleepiness due to sleeping disorders. It also helps in staying awake during work hours if the work schedule is not adjusted to having a scheduled sleeping time. It will not cure the sleep disorders or get rid of all kind of sleepiness. It should not be used to hold off sleep in those who do not have any sleeping disorders.
Before taking this medicine
To make sure modafinil is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
- angina (chest pain);
- cirrhosis or other liver problem;
- kidney disease;
- high blood pressure, heart disease, or history of heart attack;
- a history of mental illness or psychosis; or
- history of alcoholism or drug addiction.
It is not known whether this medicine will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Modafinil can make certain birth control less effective. Hormonal contraception (birth control pills, injections, implants, skin patches, and vaginal rings) may not be effective enough to prevent pregnancy during your treatment. Talk with your doctor about the best methods of birth control to use while taking modafinil.
It is not known whether modafinil passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Modafinil is not approved for use by anyone younger than 17 years old.
Major & minor side effects for Modalert 200 mg Tablet
- Fever and chills
- Trouble sleeping
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Chest pain
- Black or Tarry stools
- Difficulty in passing urine
If a dose of Modalert 200 mg Tablet is missed, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, continue with the normal dosing schedule. Do not double your dose to make up for the forgotten dose. It is advised that you do not take this medicine if it is too late in a waking day since.
What other drugs will affect modafinil?
Other drugs may interact with modafinil, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell each of your health care providers about all medicines you use now and any medicine you start or stop using.
- Avoid using this medication if you are allergic to modafinil or any of the component of MODALERT
- It is not suitable for people who have a history of mental health problems, including psychosis
- Do not take Modalert, if you have heart problems or had a heart attack, high blood pressure, liver or kidney problems and more
- Consult with a physician before using it if you have a history of drug or alcohol abuse or addiction
- Let us know your need and get your needed medicine at your doorstep.